Monday, May 9, 2011

Type Portrait Project


The type portrait project saw the use of text in Illustrator to show the Shape, Line, and Value of one or more images. I chose to use the same image for all three portraits as to show the changes in design methods as applied to the same picture. The Shape portrait uses individual letters and ASCII characters to make the design of the picture. For this portrait, the hardest part was trying to find the right letters to make out the Black Lantern ring on my finger. The Line portrait was the second one, and for that I used the Green Lantern oath as the text being repeated over and over throughout the linear design, except on my ring where I fittingly used the Black Lantern oath. The most complex portrait was the Value one, using mass levels of text modified in kerning, size, and type to show the original image's value. For the text here I used the oaths of all the Corps that have one; Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet, and the Black Lanterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment